BRINGING SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS TO LIFE LOCALLY
Our planet faces massive economic, social and environmental challenges.
To combat these, the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) define global priorities and aspirations for 2030. It is a to-do list for people & the planet, launched in 2016 by the UN. There are 17 goals with 169 targets to tackle sustainability issues worldwide including climate change, inequality, and pollution. Using clean technology directly supports 8 of the 17 goals, whereas the remaining goals are supported indirectly.
They represent an unprecedented opportunity to put the world on a sustainable path. Governments worldwide have already agreed to these goals. And they even bring economic value to corporations, so now it is time for them to take action!
CISC understands that business would do better if they knew how. So, it is our mission to activate these global goals locally until 2030. Every chance we get we will educate, inspire and communicate these global goals to deliver real impact to Sunshine Coast outcomes.
In collaboration with government, industry and not for profits we will provide a strong and guiding hand towards the integration of SDGs into day-to-day business on the Sunshine Coast.
There are eight (8) ways, CISC will progress these goals on the Sunshine Coast:
- 1.Identification of other local organisations that can focus on specific SDGs more effectively so we can celebrate their successes and share their initiatives (eg. #5 Gender Equality – Sunshine Coast Business Women’s Network).
- 2.Focus CISC events, initiatives and activities on the identified SDGs that we will drive forward, maintain a commercial association and collaborate with other industry groups (eg. EcoBiz, FAN, SCBWN, MEF, Chambers of Commerce and more) to deliver key events.
- 3.Awareness building within business communities continually demonstrating that every little action counts with a focus on sustainable procurement and supply processes, key stakeholder management, team wellness, and corporate social responsibility.
- 4.Facilitation of SDGs Game workshop to educate and inform our Cleantech Champions.
- 5.Lobbying and collaboration with three tiers of government for changes to identified legislation.
- 6.Advocacy within our education providers (Universities, TAFE, Schools) to drive change for future generations.
- 7.Connection and collaboration between parties to achieve SDG outcomes.
- 8.Encouragement for all Sunshine Coast residents to look for ways to change daily habits through relatable methods.
Join us to be a part of making this happen!
For more information on the UN Sustainable Development Goals refer to THE 17 GOALS | Sustainable Development (un.org).