Sunshine Coast Council in partnership with Cleantech Industries Sunshine Coast, is delivering this practical workshop to demonstrate operational opportunities and tools that will help your business successfully implement sustainability practices. Reduce your inputs and maximise your staff to improve cost efficiencies while aligning with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Businesses that implement Sustainability Action Plans are more attractive to consumers and other organisations while reducing pressure on natural resources. And no matter the size, businesses can deliver a powerful message to markets, partners and supply chains by actioning a plan.
This hands-on workshop will guide you to investigate key aspects of your operation and address your energy, water, waste usage and circular economy opportunities in short, medium and long-term goals.
Participating will inform you of the following opportunities for your business.
- Enhance staff efficiency and behaviours.
- Reduce energy use, water use and waste.
- Improve competitiveness as governments and other businesses choose to procure from actively sustainable businesses.
- Foster consumer relationships as spend is directed towards sustainable businesses.
- Align your business with the Globally recognised UN Sustainable Development Goals.
This workshop will develop your Sustainability Action Plan framework through:
- identifying your inputs, outputs, challenges and opportunities
- providing you the tools and resources that can assist
- different levels of action you can take to reach your goals
- setting realistic and attainable goals
- measuring cost benefits of your actions
- increasing climate change adaption and resilience measures
- assisting to influence behaviours in your staff and customers.
Developing this initial framework will help guide you in building on your sustainability goals and provide a plan for further improvement.
Indicate at registration if you’d like to register for free to ASPIRE. ASPIRE is an online platform businesses can use to trade waste and resources. Save money on waste or reduce costs in your procurement through this circular economy platform.