Code of Ethics:
- Uphold the visions and goals of the Cleantech Industries Sunshine Coast Inc. (hereafter called the Association)
- Work to further the objects of the Association
- Operate the business as a financially solvent entity.
- Perform the duties that may be assigned to me by the Association and agreed, from time to time properly, efficiently and effectively for the benefit of the Association.
- Abide by the decisions of the Association’s Management Committee as determined by the Association and deliver upon the agreed actions (as appropriate)*
- As a member of the Association’s Management Committee*, undertake to attend meetings (as arranged) or notify the Secretary of an appropriate delegate to attend in my place, with apologies to the chair for non-attendance.
- Refer any matter likely to bring the Association into disrepute to the President or Secretary of the Association in a timely manner.
- Represent the views of the Association as requested by the Management Committee
- Treat all information and intellectual property obtained in closed sessions of the Association as Commercial-in-Confidence and make use of this information for the exclusive benefit of the Association.
- Not use information obtained from the Association for my own personal use.
- Advise if there is a conflict of interest with discussions or operations of the Association and agree that I may be asked to leave the meeting and not participate in voting on that matter. I agree to abide by the decision of the Management Committee on the matter.
- Respect all individual members of the association and treat each member with courtesy and respect.
- Be a member (where possible) of an appropriate recognised industry body/association
- Agree that the spokesperson for the Association is the President or his/her nominated representative. I agree to refrain from making statements purporting to represent the views of fellow members or the Association without authorisation.
- Refer all enquiries to the Secretary of the Association or a spokesperson nominated by the Management Committee.
- Undertake to operate within the business frameworks set out in the Queensland Fair Trading Act.
- Use, or work toward using, sustainability practices as an underpinning principle of all endeavors undertaken in the course of doing business.
* This only applies to members who actively participate in the Association.
Charter of Values:
- To respect and support the sustainability and health of our natural and built environment.
- Support businesses who genuinely seek to provide products and services that contribute to the sustainability and health of our natural and built environment.
- To work cooperatively to achieve the vision of the organisation and the most effective outcomes for members and the cleantech industry sector.
- To share information and educational opportunities with members, the sector and with the community, where commercial-in-confidence allows.
- To encourage members, clients, partners, supporters and the general public to use and support local Sunshine Coast suppliers where possible.
- Promote and facilitate world’s best energy, water, sustainability and employment practices among members and the cleantech sector businesses