Grant Funding is now open under the Australian Government’s Modern Manufacturing Initiative in “Recycling & Clean Energy”, one of the six National Manufacturing Priorities.
The Recycling & Clean Energy manufacturing road map vision is:
“To develop world-leading advanced manufacturers that seize opportunities from sustainability, clean energy transition and waste reduction demands by leveraging Australia’s advantages in innovation, technology, renewable and mineral resources, and our onshore industrial base.”
Grant funding is available for a minimum of $1 million with cash co-contribution (minimum project amount $2 million) and joint applications are acceptable (with a lead organisation appointed). All projects must be completed by 31 March 2024.
The key areas of growth opportunity are
1) Manufactured products that enable recycling or use recycled feedstock, eg Recyclable products and packaging, cleaner feedstocks for remanufacturing or products from recycled feedstocks;
2) Manufacture products that enable or use clean energy, eg Hydrogen tech, high-voltage direct current (HVDC) cabling, thermal energy and modularised renewables; Microgrids, inverters, electric vehicle chargers and next generation photovoltaic (PV) modules; Specialised batteries, grid-scale batteries and battery precursors; Low emissions steel and aluminium; and
3) Overlapping Recycling and Clean Energy, eg Carbon fibre and graphene, recycling clean energy components
There are 3 streams for grant funding application:
- Translation Stream – to help manufacturers translate good ideas into commercial outcomes and encourage innovation investment
- Integration Stream – to help manufacturers integrate into local and domestic supply chains
- Collaboration Stream – to provide funding for very large projects to build economies of scale (not open yet)
Applications now open and closing 5pm, Wed 5 May 2021.
architecture building design bushfire bushfire resilience bushfires circular economy clean energy cleantech conference cleantech Event cleantech expo cleantech transport design digital solutions eco house electric vehicles entrepreneurs program expo export export market development scheme future proof government funding government grants grants housing independent living innovation innovations Day 2021 innovative products Local events manufacturing members event modern manufacturing fund networking research and development solar cooling summer bushfires Sunshine Coast Cleantech Events Sustainable Development Goals Game Sustainable housing tax credits tax incentives transport university of Wollongong Venue 114 waste management
We have solutions for forward-thinking people to save money and reduce their climate emissions by making their businesses and homes more sustainable and resource efficient. We’re an industry group of purpose driven businesses actively reducing climate risk and advocating for the support and use of cleantech and sustainability in government, manufacturing, not-for-profit and corporate sectors.